Covid-19 Clinic Update - 2021
We hope this update continues to find you all safe and healthy at this time the clinic is open with various safety protocols in place - we continue to monitor the Covid numbers for the province.
We are still continuing to adhere to the Guidelines set out by our respective Professional Colleges and AHS, and we are still able to offer some one-to-one sessions for some of our clinic families/kids as we move into the winter, obviously the situation can change at any moment and we will inform all current clients if changes occur. At this time we are unable to offer in person services to children who cannot wear masks or follow social distancing guidelines.
At this time we will proceed in the following manner:
- iLs sessions are ongoing for clients able to adhere to social distancing and masking guidelines.
- SSP Programming will continue to occur for those children who can wear masks and adhere to social distancing guidelines
- Integrated SLP/OT sessions for children who can adhere to social distancing and masking rules
Zoom Sessions: ONGOING
OT, SLP, Parent Sessions, FSCD, New Intakes:
- Paula and I are committed to continuing all Zoom Sessions for our clinic families - and will continue to work remotely with you whenever and wherever possible
- For those of you who are finding ZOOM sessions more convenient, more beneficial, or who simply have a preference for this type of therapy delivery for the longterm, just let us know — we can confirm that we will have ZoomTherapy as a permanent option for any family who prefers this type of service delivery for their child’s therapy (OT SLP Psych) and/or for any Meetings (Parent, FSCD, Intakes, etc)
- We have had great success with all of you in our ZoomTherapy sessions and Meetings. However, if necessary, and as we move forward, we will always try to find the best fit for your child’s needs, and you may be offered a ’hybrid’ version — combining Zoom sessions with some in-person sessions, if required.
- We will address these situations on an ongoing and individual basis — and as safety increases, comfort levels increase and/or as restrictions ease. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Changes in the Clinic Setting
Finally, and for now, there will be some things that will have changed at our Clinic. We are committed to the safety of our staff, our Clinic community, and our loved ones. We will have many new ‘rules’ in place, but we will continue to greet you with our enthusiasm and warmth when you arrive!
Here are a few things you can expect to see for the next few months - or until further notice:
- Physical Distancing rule will be in place, at all times, for everyone
- PPE — hand sanitizing upon entry; masks will be worn in all sessions
- Restricted Sensory Gym use (we will have other rooms open to use for fun one-to-one sessions, until such time that the gym can be used safely)
- no seating in the waiting room;
- no magazines or toys/books in waiting area
- restriction of the number of people coming to an appointment - limiting 1 parent/caregiver only)- and then only as necessary;
- no siblings please
- fewer options for scheduling to manage social/physical distancing practices
- Symptom checks before any in person appointments, please cancel your appointment if your child or anyone in your family has symptoms or has instructions to isolate.
- ..and more (as necessary)
We value and are grateful for your continued support as we all work through these challenging, changing and complex times.
Sonya and Paula
(Please contact us at (403) 686 3391 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions)
At CherringtonSawers (CS), we believe in an integrated approach for your child, right from the start!
Our Clinic was co-founded 10 years ago by Clinic Directors Paula Cherrington (SLP) and Sonya Sawers (OT), who collectively have over 40 years of experience, so naturally, as longtime SLP and OT, we view every one of your child’s needs through our uniquely combined perspectives.
Our integrated approach comes naturally to us, and for our team of therapists. We believe this approach enhances the comprehensive manner in which we endeavor to meet your child’s needs - facilitating their feelings of success and self-worth.
click here for our contact information.